To avail of a perfect cinematic experience at home, you need not go to the cinema and watch movies there. Now you can transform your living room into a home cinema by the use of appropriate appliances. Some people have the misconception that buying a decent quality TV may present the cinema screen feel at home.
Related: Best HDMI eARC A/V receivers
However, due to the thin form factor of modern TVs, the audio quality will rarely match that of the cinema. If you wish to utilize the lossless sound to benefit at the most from your TV, then you will need a dedicated AV receiver. The AV receivers are capable of taking the audio track from a particular movie, CD, TV show, or video game you are playing over different interface options. Subsequently, it will process the audio and transmit it through to any connected passive speakers.
The A/V receivers equipped with the latest Dolby technologies present the highest-fidelity obtainable for home audio and video. This will considerably turn your living room into an instrumental multimedia theater.
Implementation of the Dolby® technologies in A/V receiver along with speaker configurations and automatic calibration will present you with the thrill of every scene. Whether it is an action scene or a simple picture, you will carefully feel the emotion of every moment. Take a look at the best Dolby Atmos Receiver (AV) discussed below:
Best Dolby Atmos Receivers (AV) – Certified List
|Sr. No.||Image||Product Name||Manufacturer||Buy Now|
|1||Yamaha RX-V585 AV Receiver||Yamaha Audio|
|2||Pioneer Dolby Atmos-Ready AV Receiver (VSX-832)||Pioneer||Buy from Amazon|
|3||Sony STR-DH790 7.2-ch AV Receiver||Sony||Buy from Amazon|
|4||Pioneer Surround Sound A/V Receiver – Black (VSX-532)||Pioneer||Buy from Amazon|
|5||Sony STR-DN1080 Surround Sound Receiver||Sony||Buy from Amazon|
|6||Onkyo TX-NR686 7.2 Channel A/V Receiver (Black)||Onkyo||Buy from Amazon|
|7||Marantz 4K UHD AV Receiver SR6014-9.2 Channel||Marantz||Buy from Amazon|
|8||Integra DRX-R1.1 Research Series 11.2 Ch. A/V Receiver||Integra||Buy from Amazon|
8. Integra DRX-R1.1 Research Series 11.2 Ch. A/V Receiver:
The DRX-R1.1 A/V receiver from Integra presents an authentic music experience to resemble the cinematic experience. Its unique specialty is it implements Integra’s Hybrid Amp design. This design uses a stable, extremely high current digital output stage blended with an analog power supply. It will result in a musically, authentic experience. This receiver can be included as a part of your existing home sound system. What increases the efficiency of this receiver unit is the high-current amplifier design and hybrid digital low-impedance.
Some of the prominent components in this receiver kit include floating isolated digital processing boards, custom magnetic-flux low-hum EI power transformer, and high-current amplifier design. The integrated phono preamp, Accrues room calibration from Integra, and 11.2 channel pre-outs lets you precisely set up the appropriate acoustic settings.
- This Integra A/V receiver comes with the Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Network.
- It can support up to 7.2.4 channel Dolby Atoms along with the DTS:X Playback configurations. Also, it can help the Dolby Surround and DTS: Neural: X up mixing from compatible soundtracks.
- Its output provides 11 channels of the discrete dynamic audio amplification at 140W per channel. It comes with the 50A of high instantaneous current capability.
- The implemented DTS Neural:X will identify the spatial effects in multichannel soundtracks. On the other hand, the DTS:X presents automatic dialog volume control, which will be useful for movies.
7. Marantz 4K UHD AV Receiver SR6014-9.2 Channel:
The 9.2 channel AV receiver from Marantz is a 4K UHD AV receiver. It will perfectly drive the beautifully detailed home cinema. Now you will be able to immerse yourself into the most distinctive musical sound for any source. The sources may be a home theater, and the corresponding output will get converted into digital streaming. For personal use or public use, this 4K UHD AV receiver is a decent choice. At the production, the high-resolution surround sound comes with the formatting from.
One of the most appealing aspects of this 9.2 channel receiver is it allows you to stream unlimited music or videos. This will be made possible by the use of prevalent services like Spotify, Deezer, Tunein, Tidal, Amazon Prime, Netflix, and many others. The streaming will be done via the Bluetooth, airplay 2, or HEOS app. You will be able to relish music and video watching from the services mentioned above or from your local music file libraries.
With the use of extra HEOS built-in components such as the HEOS-capable speakers, you will be able to play your preferred music tracks in one room or multiple rooms. In the pack, there is a user-friendly setup assistant. It comes along with a graphical user interface. The same will thoroughly guide you through the detailed process. Furthermore, it will connect this stereo receiver to all your audio sources.
- The SR6014-9.2 Channel receiver will complement premium video with the critical cinematic audio experience. This is made possible with the 110W/channel high power and the cutting-edge, high-resolution type audio formats. These formats include Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS Virtual:X, DTS:X, and the latest IMAX Enhanced.
- Each of the 8 HDMI inputs will support the cutting-edge HDCP 2.3 Digital Content Protection. This will incorporate an HDMI input located on the front panel for making instant connections. There are 3 HDMI outputs available, and one output will provide full eARC support.
- With the latest HDMI eARC, this receiver will allow the transmission of audio output from your TV through a single HDMI cable. The presence of the HDMI inputs will automatically rename themselves with details offered by the source whenever available.
- In the Auto Eco Mode, this 9.2 channel AV receiver will adjust power output to speakers. The adjusting will depend on the volume level, as well as on-screen eco meter. As a result, there will be a reduction in power consumption in real-time.
- Great voice control is facilitated by the voice agents like Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri, or josh.ai smart home. It is possible to use your voice to control music, switch inputs, and increase/decrease volume.
6. Onkyo TX-NR686 7.2 Channel A/V Receiver (Black):
The Onkyo TX-NR686 receiver is dedicated to presenting a cinematic experience in the convenience of your home. With the setup of this classic black colored receiver, you will be benefitted from the outstanding streaming capabilities. This 7.2 channel receiver comes with the HDMI 7 in/primary out. The sub out will support 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, Dolby Vision, BT.2020, HLG, and HDCP 2.2 pass-through plus one front HDMI. There is a support for the services like the Amazon Music, Deezer, TIDAL, Pandora, and TuneIn. They are backed with the GUI interface, which makes it simple to choose from music and radio programs through Onkyo Controller.
If you own a speaker device equipped with the Google Assistant like the Onkyo Smart Speaker G3, then you can play and control music playback through your voice. Some other specialties include the 210 W/Ch with dynamic Audio amplification and 4-ohm speaker-driving potential. Also, there is support for the dual-band Wi-Fi and built-in Chromecast.
- There is the implementation of the Dolby Atmos and DTS:X along with mixing solutions. These solutions find spatial signals in legacy multichannel soundtracks. Also, they will mix them for conveying 3D audio playback via an object-audio-ready speaker system.
- At the rear part, there are 6 HDMI inputs, which will support the pass-through of 4K HDR. This will be done in different formats like HLG, HDR10, and Dolby Vision formats.
- The playback can be effectively controlled from the Chromecast enabled apps available on your devices. For example, if your Android phone, iPhone, iPad, tablet, Mac, Windows laptop, or Chromebook includes such apps, then playback controlling can be done.
- The output from the powered zone 2 speakers allows you to send amplified audio sources. Names of these sources are analog, network, and S/PDIF. The output from such sources will be delivered to a pair of speakers positioned in another room.
- Inclusion of the DTS Play-Fi enables high-quality music experience. This will be done from networked media servers, connected online services, and your device library. For that, Wi-Fi will be essential, and output will be delivered to the compatible products via the Onkyo Music Control App.
5. Sony STR-DN1080 Surround Sound Receiver:
The Sony STR-DN1080 receiver is a 7.2 Channel receiver with the Dolby Atmos. It comes with support for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. For a simple Dolby Atmos setup with bi-polar speakers, this receiver from a well-known brand is suitable for those who consider investing in a premium quality home entertainment system receiver. One of the outstanding traits of this surround sound receiver is it will let you experience the full 360° sound.
Inside the configuration of this receiver, there is the Phantom Surround Back speaker setting that is natively supported. It will imitate the sound of physical surround back speakers. As a result, you will be benefitted from a 7 channel surround sound experience by just a 5 channel speaker setup. The STR-DN1080 receiver is regarded as a multifunctional system. This is because it will let you enjoy a multi-channel stereo setup along with preset channel AM / FM radio tuner.
One appealing aspect to note about this surround sound receiver is it will let you find your audio sweet spot. The included flexible speaker solution will relocate sound to replicate the most excellent position and alignment. In this way, the best audio experience will be conveyed regardless of any physical space issues. When you use this Sony AV receiver, you will enjoy the flexibility of 6-in/2-out HDMI2. Furthermore, you will be benefitted from the multi-room listening experience and voice control controlled by Google Home.
In this receiver, the calibration microphone is capable of tuning the speakers’ sound levels automatically. The overall setup process is quick and straightforward. The entire setup process is made dynamic with the front USB port, 6 in/2 out HDMI flexibility, and optical analog/digital AV connections. In the box, you will find this AV receiver, FM wire antenna, a calibration microphone, remote control, and batteries.
- The D.C.A.C. EX and the implemented virtual speaker relocation technology will optimize sound output to any room.
- In its working, the DTS:X object-based surround sound will adjust to your speaker configuration. This will be done in real-time.
- The listening experience is streamlined with the help of built-in Chromecast, AirPlay, and compatibility with Google Home.
- Implementation of a 4K repeater feature facilitates data to pass through the receiver, and still, there will be no distortion in the image quality. Furthermore, it comes with the HDCP 2.2 support at 60fps.
4. Pioneer Surround Sound A/V Receiver – Black (VSX-532):
At a very reasonable price, you will get a powerfully working AV receiver from the prestigious brand Pioneer. The overall setup procedure is found clean, and straightforward sound will always be delivered at the output. The facility of the room tuning presents exceptional clarity compared to the incorporated TV speakers. One of the appealing things to note is the VSX-532 receiver will let you enjoy the decent quality sound from the compressed audio.
Audio Tech supported:
- Dolby® TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus
- Dolby Pro Logic II
- DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS-HD
- High-Resolution Audio/DTS Neo:6
The cutting-edge sound retriever will restore the compressed audio output. For example, the output formats like AAC, WMA, and MP3 will get restored to the level of CD sound. It is this technology that generates new signals to retrieve the minor details remaining out throughout the compression process.
To eliminate the burden on the user, the HDMI inputs are labeled for those components you are using. Furthermore, it comes with an optical sound output if required. It will be quite simple to make a transition among the elements.
- The VSX-532 receiver allows you to see more detail with the 4K/60p pass-through. It will benefit you form the superior quality video source. This will be done by passing through 4K/60p /4:4:4 signals so that the output can be viewed on a compatible display.
- It supports HDCP 2.2. When you connect it to a compatible device, the premium content like 4K videos will be facilitated with digital copy protection.
- There is the execution of the Bluetooth Wireless Technology (ver. 3.0). It will allow you to stream songs from the compatible devices effortlessly.
- The most exceptional possible acoustic environment will be aroused with Pioneer’s MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System. With the use of the custom microphone, this system would automatically recompense for differences in speaker size, distance & level and will balance the response.
- It comes with support for the SBC and AAC codecs.
- There is the inclusion of the front panel USB input terminal. It will enable a direct connection to a USB memory stick. It is a plug & plays connectivity, allowing you to play music files conveniently.
3. Sony STR-DH790 7.2-ch AV Receiver:
When you want to boost your existing home entertainment system cinematically, it is the best idea to consider the STR-DH790 receiver. Belonging from the applauded brand Sony, this efficient 7.2 channel receiver is capable of supporting the advanced 3D surround sound audio formats. These formats are the Dolby Atmos and DTS: x. with the assistance of the Dolby Vision and 4K Ultra HD picture quality, your entire viewing experience will get enhanced. As a result, you will be benefitted from an immersive cinematic type experience at your comfort in your home.
There are several input-output terminals incorporated inside. They are an Audio Input Opt, an Audio Input Coax, four Analog Audio Input, two Pre Out Subwoofer, a Headphone Output, and a USB. The critical aspect of this 7.2 channel AV receiver is its Dolby Atmos. It will convey great realism with the 360º surround sound. This is successfully done by precisely positioning sound from every alignment in your space. Finally, you will get a rich audio listening experience, which is immersive. The entire setup procedure is a breeze with the included microphone. You will get rid of balancing the speakers separately with a sound pressure level meter.
In this Sony AV receiver, the 4K pass-through is ideal. In the box of STR-DH790, you will find this receiver unit, FM wire antenna, remote control with AAA batteries, start-up guide, and operating instructions.
- The DTS:X decoding provides the multi-dimensional surround sound. This type of sound output will adjust with your speaker configuration and that too in real-time. With the object-based audio decoding, the music is positioned accurately all around you.
- Names of the critical techniques implemented are the Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, 4K HDR, and DTS:X.
- The built-in Bluetooth allows you wirelessly stream audio from several other Bluetooth devices.
- It supports the HDMI 4-in/1-out along with Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC).
- It comes implemented with the advanced Auto Calibration technology and S-FORCE PRO front surround sound.
2. Pioneer Dolby Atmos-Ready AV Receiver (VSX-832):
The 5.1 channel based AV receiver is competent in presenting the immersive listening experience. The appreciation for the same goes to the DTS:X and Dolby Atmos 3.1.2 and 2.1.2 speaker setups. They will facilitate 360-degree surround sound experience in the absence of the rear speakers. With the assistance of DSP, the virtual surround speakers will send out the music that typically originates from surround speakers. The 3.1.2 channel is virtually extended to 5.1.2 channels to generate a 3D surround sound field. Different audio formats will be facilitated in a broad sound field with the Dolby Atmos and Surround Enhancer.
The built-in Chromecast, Fire Connect, and DTS Play-Fi provide fantastic multi-room audio options (wireless). Furthermore, there is support for the streaming services from Tidal, Pandora, Deezer, and Tune IN.
- The implementation of DTS:X eliminates the need for the specific speaker layout. This is because it will automatically adapt the audio output to the usual channels and speaker system. The DTS will control the object-based audio to present interactive and lifelike audio experiences.
- The combination of the Reflex Optimizer, MCACC Auto Room Tuning, and Phase Control offers precise sound imaging. This blend also provides the perfect audio reproduction environment.
- There is an ultra HD pass-through along with HDCP 2.2 (4K/60p/4:4:4). For this, there is an inclusion of BT.2020, HDR 10, and signal pass-through support that is Dolby Vision.
- In its working, the phase control serves as an inventive solution for the phase lag existing between the main channel speakers and the subwoofer. This phase control will balance off the delayed bass to enhance the sound synchronization.
1. Yamaha RX-V585 AV Receiver:
We are putting this device in the top position in this list; the RX-V585 AV receiver offers the 7.2-channel surround sound at the output. You may combine this Yamaha AV receiver with the MusicCast 50 or MusicCast 20 wireless streaming speakers. As a result, you will be able to easily create a home theater with the wireless rear speakers present inside a 5.1-channel system. Initially, you may begin with this AV receiver set up within your home theater and then extend to other rooms gradually. You can expand it slowly by the use of the soundbars, MusicCast speakers, or Hi-Fi gear.
Different types of connectivity options supported are Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Spotify Connect, AirPlay, and MusicCast multi-room. Furthermore, this product functions with the Amazon Alexa. It is possible to stream music from Spotify, Pandora, TIDAL, SiriusXM Internet Radio, Napster, Deezer, and a few more. The output will consist of a lifelike sound with a clean setup. It will be quite simple to transform your existing living room into an entertainment center.
- The compatibility with the Dolby Atmos/DTS:X sound technologies delivers the vibrant and lifelike surround sound. It will streamline the positioning and relocating individual sounds to any position in your living space.
- It allows you to add two MusicCast 20 speakers to present wireless surrounds specifically for a 5.1 channel setup.
- The device presents comprehensive compatibility with Amazon’s variety of voice control APIs. With the use of the MusicCast skill and Smart Home skill, you can play music, connect rooms, and more.
The inclusion of the Dolby Atmos technique in the AV receivers presents a truly immersive audio listening experience. Not just that, but these receivers pack in tons of advanced features and broad compatibility to show high versatility.