Why look for the best Dolby Headphones? It is because it creates a virtual acoustic landscape, typically found in a multi-speaker setup using a DSP (Digital Sound Processing). It creates a home theatre like experience using a pair of speakers on a headphone. With native backward compatibility with 5.1, it upmixes your existing stereo sound to a surround experience.
If the tech excites you and you are looking for the best Dolby headphones using Dolby’s proprietary 7.1 surround-sound technology, start here. Dolby Laboratories developed the Dolby 7.1 Surround sound by adding two additional channels to the more popular 5.1 channel sound specifications. The change seems small in our perspective, but it has changed the way we listen to music. It delivers superior feel when used with a compatible device. If you are a gamer, sound quality matters a lot.
Instead of using multiple speakers, headphones are always the right choice for personal use. They are far superior compared to your set of speakers as far as single user experience is concerned. Moreover, they come quite handy in competitive FPS gaming to keep track of those footstep noises more clearly. Additionally, you can also avoid disturbing others in your intense gaming sessions.
Best Dolby Headphones
In today’s discussing, we are going to look at some of the top headphones available with Dolby surround sound 7.1 channel audio. So without any further delay, here is the list of best Dolby headphones open with 7.1 channel surround audio quality:
Also Read: Best Amplifier DAC for Headphones
To keep this post fresh, we are updating this list with some additional recommendations. Check them out below:
HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Gaming Headset
Quite affordable, this is perhaps the best headset you can go with. It has a tagline that rightly explains what it is – feels like a cloud. The comfortability offered the headphones is indeed impressive enough. It offers you plenty of unforgettable experience when it comes to the musical experience beyond doubt. You can choose between the two colors – red and gunmetal.
The headset is designed to enhance your gaming experience further. It comes equipped with 53 mm drivers. You can be assured of crystal clear audio and excellent bass reproduction.
The earcups are made of a 100per cent memory foam. This ensures comfortable and trouble-free usage. The headset also offers you a digitally enhanced microphone for a secure and straightforward experience in terms of video calls and online gaming. The TeamSpeak certification is yet another added advantage.
Some of the features worthy of mentioning would be
- Echo cancellation functionality
- Frequency Response: 15 to 25khz
- Advanced Audio Control Box ensures an optimal HiFi experience during gaming.
- An excellent and superior audio experience.
- It is optimized for Pro Gaming performance.
SteelSeries Arctis 5 RGB Gaming Headset
A budget headphone with the RGB effects is what you are looking forward to, the 5. SteelSeries Arctis 5 RGB Gaming Headset should be an excellent option you can go with. The headset has been a clear leader when it comes to RGB lighting. The sound quality is impressive enough when it comes to the competitors.
The headset comes with a detachable USB sound card which should be an excellent option for an in-game and chat volume. Check out the matte black finish for the aesthetic looks that headset has to offer. Enjoy the studio-quality audio performance with the headset.
Some of the features worthy of mentioning can be summed up as
- ClearCast Mic provides you access to studio-quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation.
- The S1 Audio driver provides you access to the detailed, balanced soundscape.
- The Airweave Ear Cushions provide you with a comfortable experience.
- On-ear, audio controls should offer you a perfect option ergonomic working.
1. Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum:
The sound quality it delivers is not questionable as it comes with Dolby 7.1 channel surround sound. If you are into eSports or competitive gaming, having a decent mic is essential. The mic it comes with is quite good and delivers crystal clear voice. This headphone offers what you are paying for. A wide variety of users appreciates the concept of dual input. No matter how long you keep them on, they would never hurt your ears, unlike those poorly designed cheap headphones. It fits quite well and doesn’t slide off. The only thing you need to take care of is that it is fiber build, so you got to handle it properly.
- Enjoy crisp quality 7.1 Dolby and DTS headphone surround sound
- Advanced audio customization with advanced prog drivers and onboard equalizers
- Compatible across multiple platforms including PCs, mobiles, PS4, Xbox and much more
- Supports two devices at a time with separate USB and 3.5-millimeter jack connection [for example, use USB for PC and plug the jack into your smartphone]
- Millions of colors to choose from, along with g-keys that can be programmed for your gaming macros
- The mic comes with noise-canceling feature and also an LED light indicating if you are in mute mode or not, it has a foldable design so that it doesn’t irritate you when not in use
2. Corsair Void Pro Carbon:
This thing is certainly capable of boosting up your gaming and movie sessions with outstanding and crystal clear surround sound. Many users compare the sound with the VR level as they feel like being in the movie or game. It charges up shooting and action games and also helps you in keeping track of every movement around you in stealth games such as Assassin’s Creed series. However, we found the bass quality a bit limited. Another thing to note is that you cannot use it with your phone. Following list summarizes all-important specs:
- Microfiber mesh fabric and memory foam for maintaining comfort in longer sessions of gaming, movies or music
- Delivers wide range and accuracy with 50mm neodymium speakers drivers custom-tuned by Corsair
- Unidirectional microphone with LED light indicating if it’s muted or not, delivers improved voice quality by removing extra noise for crystal clear communication
- Immersive multi-channel audio with genuine Dolby headphone 7.1 channel surround sound technology
- Unlimited color options and customization for RGB backlighting
- Full control over headset features through CUE software, directly from your device without touching the headset
Buy it here:
Products from Amazon.com
3. Steel Series Siberia 800:
The design and build of this headset are pretty nice. You can even use them with your glasses on without causing any stress to your ears. When you compare the sound quality with the price being paid, you realize that it is pretty fair and square deal. It comes with two batteries making it suitable for long-lasting sessions. Note that it does not require two batteries to run. Instead, it uses each one at a time, respectively. Many people complain about mic being too quiet. At least, it doesn’t sound like you are eating the mic. Here is a quick look:
- Wireless audio at 2.4 GHz frequency for a lag-free sound experience
- Supports up to 40 ft or 12 m of the maximum range
- A powerful battery that lasts as long as 20 hours once charged fully
- Access all important settings related to the headset through the OLED screen on the transmitter
- Share headset with a mobile device using four poles 3.5mm share port requires turning the headset off
- It supports Dolby 7.1 channel surround sound on PC’s only. On other platforms such as Switch, PS4, Xbox One, VR, and mobile, it delivers stereo quality audio
- On-ear controls for adjusting audio, volume, and mute settings
- memory foam cushions for conforming in longer sessions
4. HyperX Cloud Revolver S:
This one surely is way too expensive compared to many gaming headsets, but as far as quality and other features are considered, it certainly delivers you value for the price being paid. The sound quality matches the latest standards. Despite the mic and headset altogether being a little bit heavy, the comfort is not compromised. Many headphones are not suitable for using with glasses on, as they would squeeze the arms and stress your ears. However, these eliminate that limitation. Following is the quick summarization of all-important specs:
- Specially designed memory foam by HyperX for additional comfort
- Sturdy steel frame with premium leatherette foams, altogether making a sleek and stylish look
- Detachable microphone with noise cancellation technology eliminating unnecessary noises and distortion
- Uses next-gen directional 50mm drivers delivering Studio-grade sound quality
- USB plug N play supporting Dolby Digital 7.1 surround sound for PC, PS4 and PS4 Pro and other devices supporting USB audio
- Support stereo sound with 3.5mm 4 pole plug for Xbox, Xbox One, Xbox One S, PC, Mac, PS4, PS4 Pro, VR, and other mobile devices
5. Logitech G430:
This headset defines comfort. The cloth of the earpads might feel a bit scratchy as it is a different material, but you will forget about it soon enough. The jack holder is quite long so that it is easy to pull off and on. Moreover, the cord also seems strong and premium quality. The sound quality is the same as it is marketed. It allows you are living the movie, or the game with superior 7.1 channels surround sound. Mic as well works decently. There is not much to worry about except those plastic joints; it would be great if it had metal joints. Following list summarizes all important specifications:
- Impressive 360 degrees virtual sound field experience thanks to its DTS headphone tech and Dolby digital 7.1 channel surround sound technology
- Lightweight headset with soft cloth made ear cups with 90-degree swivel, allowing personalized fit and extended comfort level
- Foldable mic with the noise-canceling feature, removing unnecessary background noise and distortion
- Volume dial and mute switch are placed on the wire so that it is comparatively easy to reach whenever you need them
- Fully compatible with PS4 and PC running on Windows 10, 8, 7 and Vista
6. Astro Gaming A50:
It is one of the most adjustable headsets available in the market. The ear-pads are made of breathable foam. It comes with a decent battery supporting up to 14 hours of operating time. It also displays remaining time. The mic is impressively sensitive. The snap up for muting the mic comes quite handy often. There are no cables involved aspect an aux output from stand to Xbox. There is aux port besides charging port for playing your music. Weight is an issue here, its almost 1.8 lbs. Following are some other important aspects:
- Impressive audio quality with decent microphone precision
- Superior fit with sleek and stylish design, sturdy build
- Perfect wireless sync with 5 GHz operating frequency, eliminate the requirement of chat cable in the gaming console
- Lifelike gaming and movie experience with Dolby headphone 7.1 surround sound even in 3D space, regardless of the audio source
- Frustration-free setup as it automatically connects to Astro base station utility and command center software
- Multiplatform compatibility including PC, Mac and Xbox One gaming console
- Fully adjustable microphone for clear communication
7. Sennheiser PC 373D:
In this quality class, this one is probably the lightest headphones you will find around. Those heavy-bass headsets tend to be heavier in weight too, however, not these. The comfort level matches the modern standards, even in the longest sessions. We found the mic to be a little bit closer to the mouth; in fact, it is close enough to capture your breathing. The best you can do for solving this issue to be less sensitive and set it far above from mouth. You might also notice the slight audio leak; however, it is not a serious issue to worry about. Overall, it delivers awesome sound quality; the mic works impressively other than the position issue.
- Dolby Digital 7.1 channel surround sound for impressive lifelike gameplay, paired with Sennheiser transducer technology for crystal clear sound
- Enjoy custom audio with customizable surround sound software support [requires downloading and installing Sennheiser surround dongle software manually to your PC]
- Smooth velvet ear pads for keeping your gaming and movies stress-free
- Professional microphone with noise cancellation technique for eliminating all the unnecessary background noise and distortion making your team discussion crystal clear
- Two years of limited warranty from every authorized Sennheiser dealer
We hope this list of the best Dolby Headphones. We hope it will help you to find the right 7.1 channel surround sound for yourself. There are many headsets available in the market with custom 7.1 channels that do not use the licensed Dolby technology. You can get your hands over those for a lower price for the loss of quality as they hardly match the standard of Dolby’s technology. For now, these are the best we could find. See you until next post!