If you already own the Marshall Major II and is interested in the Major III, read along to understand the Marshall Major II vs Major III similarities and differences.
The Marshall brand has focused on lots of aspects of the headphones to bring the best-quality headphones for different applications. The Marshall Major II and Major III have proved to be the most popular headphone models from the brand. Similar to Major II, the Major III headphone is available in both Bluetooth and wired version. However, more and more headphone fanatics are intended to buy the Bluetooth enabled headphones from Marshall, i.e., Major II and Major III. Let’s objectively take a look at the features of these headphones and the comparison between them:
Marshall MAJOR II:
The classic good looks found in a majority of the headphones from Marshal are now advanced to a more circular construction, and highly durable vinyl finish in Major II. This headphone model presents excellent audio fidelity with its customized drivers. The Major II headphone is designed uniquely to feature updated appearance, sound, and enhanced durability. In this model, you will find that the customized drivers present deeper bass and detailed highs through a sophisticated midrange and reduced distortion.
The Major II comes with a myriad of useful functionalities including circular ear cap construction along with a durable vinyl finish. The presence of iconic white Marshall script, as well as brass details, presents the classic Marshall look enthused by more than 50 years of the brand’s heritage.
Glancing at its design, the Major II exhibits exclusively designed hinges as well as an ergonomically shaped headband. This kind of arrangement presents a comfortable fit for people of all age groups. The ear caps are equipped with high flexibility to let you rotate freely. It is quite easy to adapt to your head’s shape for enhanced comfort while using. With the assistance of the soft cushions, you will be able to relish the subtle and hard music as well.
When we look at its construction, there is a removable double-ended coil cord along with remote and mic. This cord comes with an L-plug end to present high durability and protect the unit from external elements. The presence of dual 3.5mm jacks gives you the flexibility to choose the side to put your cable on. You can effortlessly plug in another pair of headphones and can share your music with the help of an extra 3.5mm socket present on the ear cap.
- The closed audio frequency response (TX) is in range of 10Hz to 20 kHz, and SPL is 99 dB.
- It uses a coiled cable to minimize the wire mess.
- Driver size is 40 mm.
- There is the availability of 3.5mm connector to plug in Major II easily. Besides, the unit comes with a built-in microphone.
- The advanced sound features comprise of more detailed highs, personalized drivers for deeper bass, and a superior mid-range response with reduced distortion.
- The brand prepared the Major II headphone keeping in mind versatility. In addition to enjoying music, you can pick phone calls and can regulate the music.
- Just click to respond to incoming calls. Moreover, you can play and pause any music track. You need to click twice to fast-forward the preferred music and click thrice to go back.
- With upgraded sound, appearance, improved ergonomics and solid construction, Major II presents a new level of listening experience.
MARSHALL MAJOR III:
Major III represents the upgraded model of headphones in the history of Marshall. This classic and sophisticated headphone model is re-engineered to depict modern design. In this headphone, the shape stays true to its most original form.
The construction of Major III showcases durable vinyl cover to withstand the external impacts. There is an iconic script logo on its body to represent the legacy of the brand. Sophisticated appearance is presented with the use of slimmed down ergonomic 3D hinges. The presence of densely loop wires with durable rubber dampers represents solid build quality. Due to its collapsible design, the Major III headphone proves to be the best travel companion. This kind of design aesthetics is capable of withstanding wear & tear during your journey.
In order to provide additional comfort while listening, the headphone comes with the on-ear cushions and lavishly built straight fit headband. This kind of arrangement lets you relish music for long hours.
In this headphone, the overall performance is improved with the use of custom tuned 40 mm dynamic drivers. These drivers assist in enhancing bass response. They also contribute to presenting smooth mids and clear highs.
- Implementation of the Bluetooth aptX presents exceptional audio quality. Besides, you get the freedom to move within 30 feet of wireless listening range.
- It comes with more than 30 hours of wireless playtime on the single charge.
- Major III comes with the multi-directional control knob. Using this knob, you can shuffle, play, pause, and control the volume. It is quite easy to turn this headphone on/off using this knob.
- It comes with one button remote with a microphone to control your phone and headphones functionality.
- The presence of empty 3.5 mm socket proves to be ideal for sharing music with anybody.
- You can wirelessly attend reject or terminate the incoming call with the control knob.
Comparison of Marshall Major II vs Major III headphones:
Marshall Major II
Marshall Major III
|Dimensions||16 x 8 x 16 cm||16 x 16 x 8.6 cm|
|Weight||202 grams||178 grams|
|Battery Cell Composition||Lithium Ion||Lithium Ion|
|Additional Features||Universal-phone-control||On-ear, Headband|
|Driver impedance||85 Ω||32 Ω|
|Driver sensitivity||98 dB SPL||97 dB SPL|
|Frequency response||20 Hz–20 kHz||20Hz-20kHz|
|Wireless connectivity||Bluetooth v4.0 aptX||Bluetooth aptX|
|Wired connectivity||3.5 mm Input||3.5 mm Input|
|Bluetooth range||10 meters||10 meters|
|Box contents||Major II Bluetooth, Removable Mic & Remote cable, USB Charging cable and User manual|
|Major III Bluetooth Headphone, Micro USB Charging Cable, Removal 3.5 mm Cable with Mic and Remote, User Manual with Legal and Safety Information|
|Battery playing time||30 hours + (at medium volume)||30 hours + (at medium volume)|
|Time to full recharge||6 hours||3 hours|
The Major II and Major III are unique in their own way to deliver a lifelike listening experience. Both these headphones from the favorite brand –Marshall, provides a clear sound output with great flexibility and ease of use.