In this article, we list out our recommended neodymium drivers Headphones which offer great sound reproduction.
Are you looking to buy a new set of headphones? Well, you should understand the exact functionalities and features that go into a headphone. Instead of just picking up a headphone that appears quite exciting aesthetically, it should also offer one of the best technology and features. One of the best choices you will need to give a thought to is to opt for a headphone with the Neodymium drivers. So, which headphones do we suggest that has a Neodymium driver. Read along to know more!
Related: Best Planar Magnetic Headphones
How do Headphones with Neodymium Drivers?
The Neodymium drivers are one of the most common options you have ever observed. They come with the dynamic and moving coil drivers. The magnetic drivers have been considered to be the cheapest options in the realm of the headphone drivers.
The Neodymium drivers make use of the physics and mechanism of magnetism and electromagnetism for creating the driver movement. This movement, in turn, creates the sound. The system consists of three components – a neodymium magnet, a voice call and a diaphragm connected to the coil.
The magnet magnetizes the voice call which it transformed into an electromagnet. The coil, on receiving current, creates a magnetic field and moves the connected diaphragm. The air around it is displaced, and a sound is generated.
Depending upon the displaced air, the volume is changed accordingly. The dynamic driver is considered to be an excellent option for creating a better bass and ultra-low performance. Since they involve with a simple mechanism, they tend to be cheaper and useful in every manner.
Best Neodymium Drivers Headphones List in 2019
Having understood the essential aspects of the headphones with Neodymium drivers and their efficiency, let us now check out the top picks for the best Neodymium drivers headphones you can check out in 2019.
1. MAXELL 190265-AMPB AMPlified Heavy Bass Headphones
If you want to focus on the dynamic sound quality for your musical experience, the MAXELL 190265-AMPB AMPlified Heavy Bass Headphones should be the best budget option you can opt for. The 40 mm driver will be helpful in offering deeper bass and superior sound quality.
You will find them on the year headphones, and the padding around them is quite comfortable. You can keep them on for hours together. The headphones are lightweight and come with a foldable design for enhanced portability.
Some of the features you would love with the headphones include
- You have access to the more significant 40 mm drivers for an enhanced deep bass sound.
- The design and build is sturdy enough for durability
- The bass will not rattle you but offer a pleasant experience concerning the sound quality.
- The build quality may not impress you as it should, but the quality of the sound performance is excellent enough.
If you think you should give them a try, you may check them out on Amazon.
2. Master & Dynamic MW60 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
The top of the line headphones, the Master & Dynamic MW60 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones, are the best sellers for a variety of reasons. Master & Dynamic claims that the headphones offer a signal range of three times better than the industry standard. Premium design with stainless steel components should make it a good choice for those looking for durability.
The headphones offer you the highest performance regarding technicalities. The Aluminium antenna design will be helpful in arriving at the best performance. The headphones come with a rich and warm sound for a wide range of genres.
A few salient features you would like with the headphones can be summed up as
- The headphones come with premium materials. You will have access to an excellent assortment of materials like materials like durable cowhide, soft lambskin, memory foam, and stainless steel
- Bluetooth 4.1 functionality will help you achieve the best signal range over a longer distance.
- The headphones come with dual microphones and also provide you intuitive enough controls.
- The foldable design will enhance the portability and ease of carrying.
- You get a whopping 16-hour battery backup.
You can have a look at the headphones over Amazon at this link.
3. Sony MDRZX110/BLK ZX Series Stereo Headphones
The wired headphones from Sony, the Sony MDRZX110/BLK ZX Series Stereo Headphones are available with or without Mic. The headphones come with 30 mm drivers and support a complete range of frequencies.
The lightweight and comfortable design should provide you one of the best options for music and movies. The power management of the headphones is perfect enough for almost all your needs. You also have access to clear treble and best in class bass.
Some of the features that the headphones offer you are
- A more vibrant and full frequency range of 12 to 22KHz
- The swivel design improves the proper handling of the headphones
- The 1.2 m cable ensures tangle-free performance.
- You have access to the perfect grip for the best performance.
The headphones can be bought from this link on Amazon.
4. LyxPro HAS-10 Closed Back Over-Ear Headphones
In case you are serious about music, you would look for something that is serious about it. The LyxPro HAS-10 Closed Back Over-Ear headphones should meet most of your needs as the audiophile in you.
The headphones are designed for providing a comfortable, affordable and reliable performance. It is the best option for mixing and monitoring choices. The headphone offers you a wide range of advanced features and functionalities.
So, what these features are? Maybe a few of them can be outlined as here –
- A 10Hz-26kHz frequency range for enhanced performance and sensitivity
- The mm neodymium drivers offer you the cleanest experience of your favorite music.
- 180-degree rotatable ear clips provide you an enhanced experience and comfortability
- The 3-meter cable is designed for the single-sided connection. This can be helpful in avoiding tangling
- The headphones are perfect for recording and mixing requirements.
If you are impressed with those features, why not check out the headphones here on Amazon?
5. OneOdio Adapter-Free Closed-Back Over-Ear DJ Stereo Monitor Headphones
How about the more louder 50 mm neodymium drivers for your headphones? The OneOdio Adapter-Free Closed-Back Over-Ear DJ Stereo Monitor Headphones will suit your needs as the best in class stereo monitor headphones.
You have the world-class superior sound quality. The headphones offer you superior and balanced sound performance. The neodymium drivers provide you with access to stereo HiFi sound performance. One of the differentiating factors that will make it an excellent choice par excellence is the extra long cable that does not need an adapter.
A few salient features we would consider making it a great choice can be summarised as given below –
- A sharing technology that lets you connect multiple headphones to a single device without the need for splitters.
- High powered drivers are capable of offering a potent bass
- The ear cups are quite comfortable and can be worn for hours together.
- An extra long cable that can fit with both 3.5 mm and 6.3 mm connectivity options.
- The design comes with flexibility and offers a foldable design.
If you think the headphones are comfortable enough for your needs, you can check them up at Amazon.
A Tabulated comparison for a better understanding
How about comparing all the five headphones we discussed here in a side by side comparison chart? This can be helpful enough in arriving at the best headphones based on your exact requirements.
|Features||MAXELL 190265||Master & Dynamic MW60||Sony MDRZX110||LyxPro HAS-10||OneOdio Adapter-Free Closed Back|
|Driver size||40 mm||45 mm||30 mm||45 mm||50 mm|
|Physical dimensions||7.75 x 9.5 x 3 in||7.68 x 6.3 x 2.36 in||5.87 x 1.81 x 7.87 in||9.49 x 10.43 x 4.09 in||7.09 x 5.51 x 3.94 in|
|Headphone type||On-Ear||Over the year||On-ear||Over the ear||Over the ear|
|Extra features||Foldable and lightweight||Wireless||Lightweight and foldable design||Comfortable, lightweight and natural sound||DJ level, long cable, studio monitoring, and mixing|
The Parting Thoughts
Those were the top five headphones with Neodymium drivers we could pinpoint. We focussed on the wired category of headphones since if you are indeed a music fan, you will find the wired connectivity one of the best options for a discerning quality of music. Not that Wireless connectivity is not a good option, but the wired connectivity tends to offer one of the best experiences in terms of cleaner music.
Have you used any of the headphones featured in this compilation? If you have used any of them, do share your thoughts and experiences with us. You may also share any other headphones you consider worthy of being in this list. Share your views with us through the comments section here below.
Headphones come in different shapes and sizes. They come with different technologies. Like you will check out the best headphones with Neodymium drivers, you would probably also check out the options for the headphones that come with biocomposites drivers or metal diaphragms as well. If you belong to this category of discerning buyers, we thought of listing out the best headphones with the biocomposite drivers and metal diaphragms.
Best Headphones with Biocomposite Drivers and Metal Diaphragms
So, if you are looking for an excellent set of headphones, here are your best options for the top end headphones that come with Biocomposite drivers or metal diaphragms. Not that all the headphones we discuss here come with those features, but we will include the headphones with either of those features in this compilation.
1. AudioQuest NightOwl Carbon Closed-Back Around-the-Ear Headphones
Looking for a cleaner and natural sound experience? The AudioQuest NightOwl Carbon Closed-Back Around-the-Ear Headphones provide you access to low distortion and exceptionally flat impedance. You can enjoy a great experience from a wide range of devices that includes amplifiers and source components.
The closed-back design of the headphone offers you a deeper immersion. It comes with a split gap motor that focusses on reducing the intermodulation distortion. Some of the features worth mentioning include
- 50 mm drivers with the bio-cellulose diaphragm that offers a lower distortion.
- Rubber surround and voice coil former for true pistonic motion
- Ergonomic design with eco-friendly elements used in the construction.
- The luxurious finish gives it a premium look.
If you think you should give it a try, you can check it out here on Amazon.
2. STARNUO Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
The headphones are perhaps the world’s leading multi-stage noise canceling option among the best headphones. The active noise canceling functionality is one of the best and can even cancel noises of aircraft engine noises, high-speed rail or even the subway.
The headphone offers you a stable connection with a 3.5 mm jack. This will ensure high sensitivity and a stable connection. The headphone comes with a 390 layer nano biocomposite film. You also have access to three different sizes of earplugs to choose from.
Some of the salient features we find interesting include
- Multi-stage noise canceling dual technology
- It offers you noise-canceling up to 40 dB
- It comes with a dedicated smart chip for driving high-performance sound source
- You have a battery backup of up to 27 hours
In case you find the headphones appeal to you, it may be checked out at this link on Amazon.
3. Focal Utopia High-Fidelity Open-back Circum-aural Headphones
The Focal Utopia is one of the best headphone options with the metal diaphragm. The headphone comes with Pure Beryllium M-Shaped Dome Loudspeaker. Focal Utopia offers you a 5Hz to 40 KHz frequency response.
The open back circumaural headphones are best suited for the low noise environments. The mechanical design will provide flexibility concerning the suitability to any head size.
Some of the salient features that can make it a great choice include the following –
- It is the first headphones to come with the 40 mm Beryllium drivers.
- The open back nature of the headphones brings the best experience regarding soundstage
- The Beryllium construction ensures that you tend to get the best performance in terms of high-frequency output and low distortion levels.
Want to give it a try? Why not gather more information about it at Amazon here.
4. Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro Silver
The Mi In-Ear Headphones come with hybrid dynamic and balanced armature drivers for the unparalleled sound performance. It features an aerospace grade metal diaphragm and perhaps one of the best headphones to feature the metal diaphragm design.
The metal sound chamber is built with an advanced 20 step process. The acoustically tuned headphones have won several awards.
Some of the features that should make it one of the prominent options include the following –
- The headphones offer you a more opulent listening pleasure
- It comes with a balanced and dynamic driver combination.
- The manufacturing involves several scientific and calibration techniques like Klippel high-speed scanning vibrometer system.
- You have access to three different earbuds to meet the varying requirements of ear sizes.
- The metal chamber goes through 20 different processes to achieve perfection. These processes include diamond cutting, CD engraving, drawing, and CNC machining to name a few of them.
Do those features impress you enough? Check out the headphone at Amazon today.
|Features||AudioQuest NightOwl||STARNUO Active Noise Cancelling Headphones||Focal Utopia High-Fidelity||Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro Silver|
|Driver size||50 mm||—||40 mm||—|
|Physical Dimensions||12.5 x 9.6 x 4.4 in||47.3 x 1.1 x 0.35 in||—||3.9 x 1.1 x 1.3 in|
|Headphone Type||Over the ear||In-ear||Over the ear||In-ear|
|Extra features||Microphone||Noise cancellation, aptX lossless sound, lightweight, microphone||Headphones for low noise, high frequency, and low distortion, noise canceling||microphone|
The Concluding Thoughts
That was a formidable list of headphones with Biocomposite driver and metal diaphragm construction. There aren’t many of them available that are very good. We decided to choose only those headphones that have a considerably good based on our expertise. Not that there are no headphones with those specifications, but the lack of good ratings prevented us from adding them to the list. Hopefully, we will be able to add more headphones to the compilation when we update the post in the future.
Have you used any of the headphones we have featured in this top picks list? If you have had any experience with them, do share your thoughts, skills, and opinions with us. If you have used any of the headphones that meet the criteria and not included here, you can share your experiences with them as well through the comments here below.