Headphones have become one of the most preferred accessories for a wide range of applications and functionalities. Among the host of headphones you have at your disposal, Sennheiser has been one of the most popular headphone manufacturers in their right. Among the best options you have for your listening pleasure – we will be comparing two of the best choices you can check out. Find out how effective Sennheiser HD 600 vs. HD 650 compare with each other? Let us check it out.
Sennheiser HD 600 vs. HD 650
If you are an audiophile, these are the perfect headphones you can go with. The headphones are six years apart regarding the year of their launch but do compare quite effectively with each other. We will make a comparison between the two headphones based on multiple aspects.
A Tabulated Comparison
Sennheiser HD 600
[amazon_link asins=’B00004SY4H’ template=’PriceLink’ store=’wwwfaceofitco-21′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’6b727efb-7635-11e8-b465-791ec898296f’]
|Sennheiser HD 650|
[amazon_link asins=’B00018MSNI’ template=’PriceLink’ store=’wwwfaceofitco-21′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’74fcaa1a-7635-11e8-8aef-ff122b7762e6′]
|Type||Open Back||Open Back|
|Impedance||300 Ohms||300 Ohms|
|Sensitivity||97 dB/mW||103 dB/mW|
|Frequency Range||12Hz – 39000 kHz||12Hz – 39000 kHz|
|Color Options||Speckled blue finish, black||Grey, and black metal flake finish|
Well, this is an area where both the competitors work effectively and compare well enough. Both of them offer you a satisfactory performance. The HD 600 comes with a four cushioned panels, and the HD 650 offers you the option for two panels.
However, both of them offer you a good deal of performance regarding easy usage. What should make them quite comfortable is the fact that they do not move from the place. Both of them do come with the same 300 ohms impedance.
Without a doubt, the Sound Quality should be the most critical aspect while you choose the headphones. Well, the bass is quite good and productive on the Sennheiser HD 650 as compared to the HD 600.
However, it should be noted that under the usual circumstances you would not find any difference between the two. The HD 650 offers you a boost in the bass. That would provide you with an enhanced instrument in the music. The lead of the sound is quite rich enough.
In essence, the choice of the headphones among those two should depend upon the type of music you would opt for. The HD 650 would be the best bet for the electronic music. It would let every instrument shines through. The HD 600 is an excellent option for the vocals. The vocals will come ahead of the musical instruments, while the HD 650 can indeed modify the vocals.
Sennheiser HD 600 should be one of the best options for the following applications –
- Jazz and Classical music
- Soft Rock
- Instrumental Music
- Listening for critics
The Sennheiser HD 600 is the one that suits almost all the kinds of music. Some refer to it as the genre master.
On the other hand, the application areas for the HD 650 would include –
In any case, the best option to use HD 650 should be for Rock Music.
The similarities between the HD 650 and HD 600
Well, here are a few similar features that would make it an exceptional choice. Let us find a few standard features that both HD 600 and HD 650 share between themselves
- Both HD 600 and HD 650 are headphones with open backs.
- These two headphones will offer Circumaural design.
- You get 300 ohms impedance on both the headphones. This would help you opt for similar amplifiers on both.
- You have access to detachable cable on both the headphones.
- Both of them offer you velour padding and thus provide you with a comfortable experience.
- The service would provide you open and airy kind of sound.
The Differences Between the Sennheiser HD 600 and HD 650:
The major differences between the Sennheiser HD 600 and HD 650 can be summed up as
- One of the differences you would find regarding appearance can be the color. The HD 600 has a blue colored finish, while the HD 650 would offer you grey and black metal options.
- The physical appearance is a little different. The HD 650 is durable enough and offers you a stable build.
- The HD 650 offers you a better bass enhancement over the HD 600. That would make them a better option for hip-hop music.
- Sound clarity is indeed a little warmer on the HD 650 than on HD 600.
- The HD 600 is a little lively and crispy while the HD 650 offers you warmer and colored options.
The Pros and Cons for HD 600 and HD 650
The comparison between the two headphones would not be complete without the mention of the Pros and Cons of each of the competing headphones. Let us check out the features for either of the devices –
Sennheiser HD 600
- The music quality is not overpowering, but rather strong enough.
- A great build quality.
- Best suited for a studio environment.
- Lifelike sound quality without any distortion whatsoever.
- Excellent soundstage features
- Detachable cables
- Best meant for vocals.
- There is no sub bass.
- The treble frequency may not be up to the mark.
Sennheiser HD 650
- Completely accurate and transparent.
- Good soundstage quality.
- The bass is both authoritative and tighter.
- It offers you versatile performance regarding genre and handling range.
- Comfortability is one of the best options for the HD 650.
- They offer you a too smooth performance.
- The treble lacks a bit, however subjective.