Are you looking to set up Alexa on Bose Soundbar 700 to enable voice commands? If yes, then this is the right spot!
Bose – that is perhaps a unique and the most popular name when it comes to premium home audio enhancement systems. Having enthralled you with several audio enhancement products down the line, the brand has now ventured into the realm of Smart Speakers. How about configuring your Bose Soundbar 700 with Amazon Alexa? We will cover the tutorial in a little detail in this post.
Bose Soundbar 700 – What does it offer you?
The best part that makes Bose Sound Bar 700 is that it belongs to a genre where they are available with compatibility with Amazon Alexa built in. This should be what makes it one of the best options you would want to experience with your favorite songs, without having to move out of your couch.
The Bose Soundbar 700 is designed specifically to play back the video and audio soundtracks. Besides, it packs in the capability of configuring it with Amazon Alexa. The voice control capabilities offered by Alexa should ideally make it a great choice. Bose claims that a few more new voice control technologies will be made available soon enough.
The soundbar comes with a host of features and functions. The connectivity options available are quite enough for your needs. You have one HDMI port with ARC connectivity along with an Optical input, USB input CEC, and a port for the ADAPTiQ headset. You can even connect your smart-phone to the speaker through Bluetooth connectivity.
The construction and design of the soundbar are quite elegant. The top section is made of tempered glass, which gives it a premium look. However, the soundbar is more likely to gather dust. The device is a little longer and should ideally be the best option for use with a 55 inch TV. You have access to two function buttons at the top – one for muting the microphone, and the other serves as an action button.
In terms of the performance, you get what you expect. The soundbar does deliver a sound that is true of a premium product. The driver specifications have not been clearly mentioned – either on the website or on the user manual. The volume does not get deteriorated even at the full capacity. However, the lack of Dolby ATMOS and DTSX features should be a huge concern – mainly because, after all, we are talking about a premium product. The performance is impressive for gaming, movies, and music and lives up to what you would expect from a premium product in the soundbar genre.
The feature that one would love the most is the ability to work with Amazon Alexa. However, the performance with Alexa is not something we would be happy to write about. The recognition is a little buggy, and Alexa is capable of understanding your commands only 70 percent of the time. This can also be an internet related issue, but we would indeed look ahead to find the improvements in the days to come.
- A great design.
- Upgradeability is quite an excellent option
- The sound output is accurate to the premium product range that it belongs to.
- HDMI cable and other accessories in the box.
- No Dolby ATMOS and DTSX
- Alexa recognition is a little buggy
- There is no option for HDMI pass through.
How to set up Alexa on Bose Soundbar 700?
The options and steps involved in setting up Amazon Alexa on your Soundbar should remain similar across different options and models. You can make use of Bose Music app for configuring your Bose Soundbar 700 to work with your Amazon Alexa voice assistant.
Here is how you would add Amazon Alexa to your product –
- Make sure you have downloaded the My Bose companion app on your smartphone.
- The Bose products that you have added to your Bose Account should now be displayed.
- Choose the product which you would want to add Amazon Alexa too.
- Tap on the product image displayed at the bottom of the screen
- Now tap Settings -> Voice Assistant.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your Amazon account on the device.
In case you have multiple devices that are designed to work with Amazon Alexa or any other voice assistant options, make sure that you are using the same Amazon account across all the audio devices. This will go a long way to ensure a consistent level of experience.
How to Communicate with Alexa on Bose Soundbar 700?
Well, if you have already used Alexa on other devices or the Alexa Echo series of smart speakers, you already know how it works.
You need to wake up your Alexa account by saying Alexa. Once Alexa wakes up, you can issue further commands with ease. There are several commands you would be able to share with Alexa. Some of them can be –
- Alexa, play the pop.
- Alexa set the volume to 60 (or any number between 0 to 100)
- Alexa, play the next song.
- Alexa, play the previous song
- Alexa, Set the timer
- Alexa, what is the weather
Please do note that these are just a few examples for the voice commands you can issue to your Alexa. For the full list of commands, it may be wiser enough to get in touch with Bose and Amazon Alexa support team.
In case you have multiple devices configured with Alexa, it may be necessary to specify the same by including the name you have given to the particular device when setting it up on your My Bose app. By default, Alexa can play music services that are linked to your Amazon Account. If you find any service is not available, you may need to add it up to your Amazon account through the Alexa app settings.
What if you face issues with the connectivity?
There may be a few cases where you would find that the Amazon Alexa may not be working effectively on your Bose Soundbar. There may be several reasons that can break the functionality and communication between your Bose product and Amazon Alexa.
Some troubleshooting options you can make use of would include the following –
- The configuration between your Bose Soundbar 700 and Amazon Alexa may not be working efficiently. Reconfiguring and setting up your Amazon Alexa configuration with Bose Soundbar can solve the issues.
- An excessive sound inside your room may be one of the reasons that would make it difficult for Amazon Alexa to hear you properly. Talking a little louder to the device can resolve the issues
- The music service you are trying to listen may or may not be added to your Amazon Alexa account. Even if it is added, it may have developed a few glitches. It can work if you remove the music service and add it again.
- If Alexa fails to understand one of the commands you issued to it, check if you can rephrase it. Saying the same in another way can perhaps resolve the issue, and it can understand your command.
- Make sure you have named the products appropriately. Confusion between the two products can make Alexa challenging to understand it.
- If the companion tool, Bose Skill is not installed – it can make the communication between Bose Soundbar 700 and Amazon Alexa a little tricky. Make sure the skill has been installed. It does get installed when configuring your Amazon Alexa on Bose soundbar. If it has failed to install for any reason, it may be needed to be reinstalled.
- You may also reset your Bose product to get it back to work. Turning it off and disconnecting the power cord for 30 seconds will help you reset the Bose Soundbar.
Before we Conclude
That was all about how you can configure Amazon Alexa on your Bose Soundbar 700. We assume the tips provided here should be helpful enough to a greater extent in addressing your concerns. The troubleshooting tips appended at the end should also be much useful in addressing any of the issues you may be facing with your product and Amazon Alexa.
We hope you our article on set pp Alexa on Bose Soundbar 700 was helpful. Do check our tips out and do share your experiences with us. Your comments or suggestions are welcome in the comments section below. Thanks for visiting!
More on Soundbars
- Best HDMI ARC Soundbars For AV Receivers
- Best DTS X Soundbars
- Best Dolby Atmos Soundbars With Subwoofers
- Bose Soundbar 700 vs 500 vs SoundTouch 300