Wireless Earbuds – well, that is a new age technology. In sharp contrast to the Bluetooth headsets, Wireless Earbuds are precisely what you would think of when you hear the name. They are the typical headphones without any cable between them and your phone (or for that any of your music device). They are also referred to as True Wireless, Cable Free and Wireless Earbuds. There are different designs and technologies available, and most of them tend to offer the best battery life as well. Let us go through a list of best wireless earbuds that your money can buy.
The Best Wireless Earbuds – An Overview
Well, if you are an audiophile, you will definitely love to have those earphones dangling from your shoulders and connected to your smartphone more presumably, or any other music device you may love flaunting. But, what about the messy tangle that the wires and cables pose? That is precisely what would make wireless earbuds the best option you can go with.
The concept of wireless listening has come out of age over the past couple of years and have redefined the ease of listening to your favorite music. You have more options these days, and there are a few additional improvements as well. The longer battery life, a better audio quality, and affordability have been a few advantages that have been able to make the technology more mainstream.
Equipped with that knowledge, let us now check out a few genuinely wireless earbuds that can enhance your musical journey sans the cables and the mess created by them.
1. Bose SoundSport Free
Check on Amazon Price:
The wireless earbuds promise an excellent performance regarding the best Bluetooth connectivity that seldom drops. The genuinely wireless earbuds deliver the optimum level of musical performance and offer you an exceptional depth and clarity.
The earbuds come with three sets of StayHear+ tips so that they will not drop off from your ear. One charge should ideally provide you with five hours of listening time. The carrying case itself packs in two full charges for a continued musical journey.
- Best suited for workouts and dance sessions.
- The Bose Connect app lets you find your earbuds if you ever lose them
- Audio signal feature from the earbuds to help you track them down.
- All capable Bose Connect smartphone app for receiving software updates, switch devices and customize the settings.
- The case comes with a charging capacity worth two full charges. The case should be able to provide around 10 hours of additional charge.
2. Apple AirPods
We are talking of truly wireless earbuds and how can we ever imagine not mentioning Apple AirPods? In fact, they were the first ones to introduce the concept of wireless earbuds back in 2016. The product was launched along with Apple iPhone 7.
Run by the iconic and powerful custom made Apple W1 chip, the Apple AirPods offer excellent software integration. They should ideally provide you playback of around five hours on a single charge. And yes, the carrying case provides an equivalent of 24 hours worth of the recharges inside!
They work quite excellently with non-Apple devices as well. You can use them with your Android in a comfortable set up process, but the customization and pairing with iOS are just commendable. The personal assistant on Apple – Apple Siri – works wonderfully for syncing and controlling it.
- Keep them in the case for just 15 minutes and get 3 hours of listening time
- It can connect automatically to all your Apple devices without any manual configuration.
- It comes with dual beamforming microphones that can filter the background noise that may be bothering you.
- Excellent call quality is one of the best features.
- It supports a few gestures to control playback.
3. Jabra Elite Active 65t
The securely fitting earbuds are best suited for your gym activities or any full in-ear stability. The wireless earbuds are preconfigured to work with Amazon Alexa. It can work seamlessly with Google Assistant, Siri or Alexa.
The device comes with a five-hour battery backup. 15 minutes in charging case will offer you 1.5 hours of continuous music playback. It also gives you IP-56 water and dust resistant properties. It also comes with a built-in motion sensor. You can be assured of a clear music and call function without any dropouts.
- A powerful bass performance
- Dust and moisture resistant functionality.
- Secure fit for your ears.
- It includes step counters as well.
- The charging case can provide up to 10 hours non stop performance
4. Jaybird RUN
One of the best options that makes it an excellent choice is the fins and tips for a secure fit for any ear size. They are quite workout friendly and offer an outstanding clear sound quality performance.
Sweatproof and best for the better bass response, it provides you good enough highs and mids. The earbuds provide you with four hours of continuous battery backup. The case will offer you an additional 8 hours of battery performance. A 5-minute charge through the case should provide you with a reserve of around an hour of production.
- The interchangeable tips and fins should make it ideal for working with any ear type and size
- It comes with a single button for control. While this can be easy and a better option for keeping you focused on the workout and gym activity, it limits the control options considerably.
- Bass response is satisfactory, but the die-hard audiophiles would love an enhanced bass performance.
- You will be able to customize the music experience to suit your workout.
- Sweatproof and water-resistant performance.
5. Sony WF-1000X
Audio accessories and Sony – those two should be a long-lasting relationship. The perfect noise canceling should make your music experience one of the excellent options in its own right.
You can enjoy over 9 hours of battery life. The earbuds offer you 3 hours of continuous music playback, while the charging case would provide you with around 6 hours of charging. The Sony I Connects App should help you customize your music experience with seamless integration through a smartphone app.
- The Adaptive Sound Control option can detect your surroundings and accordingly apply the noise cancellation effects.
- The Sony I Connects App provides you seamless experience with Smart Listening and Smart Auto Settings.
- Compact and minimalistic design for a complete comfortable experience.
- It can automatically turn itself off when not in use.
- A 6 mm driver for a crisp and clear sound.
6. Bragi Dash
The product is quite innovative in more ways than one. If you are looking for a wireless earbud that can double up as a fitness tracker as well, the Bragi Dash is the best you can opt for. It comes with an onboard music player that can store up to 4 GB of data.
You should be able to use it either with your smartphone or a standalone music device. It has a three-fold functionality that focusses on – Listening, Tracking and Communicating. You can listen to your favorite music through the earbuds, stream your music through Bluetooth or make use of the built-in media storage capacity.
Track your fitness activities on the go! It can read heart rate, steps, steps, and distance. The communication module involves making and receiving calls in a crystal clear voice.
- Answer your calls with a single tap.
- Connect seamlessly with the Bragi Mobile app for activity values right on your app or customize your sound settings as per your exact requirements.
- The case charge offers you five times of recharge with each charge providing you three hours of continuous playback.
- The PerfectFit design ensures that the earbuds stay in your ears even through the strenuous of the activities.
- Waterproof functionality up to 1 meter of water. You can indeed use it to listen to music while you swim.
7. B&O Play Beoplay E8
The pricing is a little bit on the higher side, but the B&O Play Beoplay E8 can be one of the excellent choices you can depend upon. Deeper bass and crisper high performance are what would make it one of the exceptional performers par excellence.
The Bang & Olufsen offers you the Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound performance aided by high-quality materials. You have access to a touch control that would help you manage your playback with simple gestures. Get four hours of music playback per charge and an additional 8 hours of playback on the charging case.
The features –
- The world-class Near Field Magnetic Induction technology for the best audio streaming quality.
- Bang & Olufsen Signature Sound for the best Wireless sound performance.
- The most comfortable design with the Comply Sports Memory Foam.
- Customise your listening and settings on the earbuds with the help of Beoplay App on your smartphone.
- advanced Bluetooth 4.2 technology with DSP
8. JLab Epic Air
The highest battery backup per charge for any wireless earbuds- that is what we would term the Epic Air as. If you are looking for the best and strong bass response and a gym-friendly build are what would make you opt for the JLab Epic Air.
The earbuds can stand for six hours per charge, while the carrying case offers you five times of that capacity. You can get five charges with the carrying case thereby providing you a total of 30 hours of playback. The controls are entirely touched and tap.
- A sweat-proof design will ensure that you will be able to use the tool without having to worry about the strenuous activities.
- Gesture controls for non-complicated control of your tracks and music. Opt for track forward, track backward, pause or resume with ease.
- The proprietary ear hook will offer you a perfect fit. It also provides you with additional fit options.
- The larger 8 mm drivers will ensure enhanced performance.
- The best battery life ever.
The Concluding Thoughts
The Wireless earbuds have been one of the most common options we have been witnessing over the past few years. However, how would you choose a wireless earbud and what features would you look for in your preferred option? Apart from the sound quality and pure music, the first and foremost aspect that you need to pay particular attention to is to the battery backup. As you may have already observed, most of the options we have featured in this list offer you a battery backup of just around 3 to five hours of reserve.
Of course, most of the wireless earbuds come with charging cases of their own. That would take care of the battery backup to most of the extent. However, check your exact requirements based on your listening habits before you can opt for a wireless earbud. Another feature that would assume importance is the ease of pairing and connectivity without dropouts.
If you are using any of the earbuds that we have featured in this compilation, do share your thoughts and experiences with us. This can help the prospective buyers in making an educated decision.