In this article, we are comparing the Oontz Angle 3 Ultra vs Anker Soundcore 2 vs JBL Flip 4. These are popular Bluetooth portal wireless speakers and are mostly waterproof or splashproof.
Listening to music wirelessly and attending calls in a hands-free manner is now a trend. For the added portability, the market is packed with myriads of Bluetooth speakers implemented with advanced techniques. The present article is centered on the discussion and comparison between three prominent Bluetooth speaker models. These models belong to the reliable names like Oontz family of products, Anker, and JBL. They are Oontz Angle 3 Ultra, Anker Soundcore 2, and JBL Flip 4.
Each of these models differs based on the Bluetooth range, frequency response, battery capacity, and several other advanced functionalities. First, let’s have a look at the description of each of these Bluetooth speakers and then we will have a look at the detailed comparison among them:
Oontz Angle 3 Ultra:
Packed with supreme portability, the OontZ Angle 3 Ultra Bluetooth speaker delivers robust wireless connectivity over a 100 feet distance. When you are looking for a superior sound quality packed with rich, full bass, then this speaker is a suitable option. The 14W peak output makes sure the speaker deliver bigger bass and superior quality sound. With a large battery that offers great playtime, you can certainly use this speaker unit for a long time listening experience.
A lot of Bluetooth speakers on the market may not be resistant to water, but this one from the Oontz family of products is made waterproof, splashproof, and rainproof. It is possible to play two devices together. Inside the configuration, the digital audio processor drives the bass and improves the clarity of highs and mids.
It is possible to talk to Siri from this Bluetooth speaker. All you need to do is press the speaker button and begin talking to Siri when connected via Bluetooth to your iPad or iPhone.
The presence of an audio cable and USB charging cable is found in the package. These cables make sure there will be no obstructions when you intend to listen from it or charge it. If you prefer more highs or willing to tone down bass, then it is advisable to use EQ to facilitate customization.
Even at loud volumes, the sound output is crisp and clear. One thing to note is that the included power and Bluetooth lights are bright, and their brightness may kindle a bedroom. When looking at its design, the buttons are placed conveniently to facilitate easy to reach and operate. They are carefully placed to feel and employ instant controls.
All the required accessories right from the audio cable to the user manual are included in the box. For those who are willing to attain quality sound without paying a hefty amount, for them, the Oontz Angle 3 Ultra speaker is a preferred solution. In small spaces like small apartments, you will be able to hear sound output everywhere- in your kitchen, bedroom, dining hall, etc.
- The 14 Watts of power conveys loud room-filling volume.
- This power output is delivered from the dual precision stereo drivers as well as the proprietary bass radiator.
- In the stereo sound output, there will be no distortion regardless of the volume.
- The Bluetooth range of 100 feet means that it will play up to 100 feet far from your device.
- Implementation of the advanced antenna design with Bluetooth 4.2 offers a speedy wireless connection.
- This Bluetooth technology offers unobstructed sound output from your smartphone, PC, laptop, tablet, Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot, iPad, iPhone, Mac, Samsung Galaxy, and Samsung Note.
- For excellent stereo separation, one speaker would play the left channel, and the other one plays the right channel.
- When connected to the 3.5mm audio cable, it allows playing audio from a video, your television, or any of the other devices.
- It is possible to connect two oontz angle 3 ultra speakers simultaneously wirelessly. This will allow you to play full stereo and put the speakers in different regions within the 100 feet of range.
- You can play the sound output from morning up tonight because the speaker comes with up to 20 hours of playtime.
Anker Soundcore 2:
The great playtime, high portability, and the advanced processor incorporated into this Anker speaker make it unique from the crowd. In its configuration, the 12W of clear quality audio is driven with enhanced bass delivered from two 6W dual neodymium drivers. The advanced digital signal processor guarantees the thumping bass.
This processor also makes sure there is no distortion in the output regardless of the volume. You may call it the Soundcore 2 to be outdoor-proof because it will stay protected against rain, snow, dust, and accidental liquid spills. As a result, you will get excellent sound, whether you use it at your home, office, yard, or anywhere else.
Its classic boxy design is made lightweight and modern to make sure it represents the contemporary appearance. Wherever you go holding this Anker speaker in your hand, you will undoubtedly appear stylish. Due to its grab-and-go design, a unique appeal is presented. Being lightweight and ultra-portable, it will be quite easy to carry with you while you go on a picnic, trips, etc. Since it is prepared in a compact build, it will not occupy much space wherever setup. It possesses a sleek, rectangular brick-shaped design capable of presenting a modern look and feel.
The use of the upgraded materials delivers enhanced grip and smoothness. Furthermore, the updated design is re-engineered with a sleek finish. On the top, you will find the perfectly placed navigation buttons. These buttons are the play button, the power button, the Bluetooth pairing button, and the volume up/down buttons. With the use of the Bluetooth pairing button, it is possible to pair your device conveniently with the music source.
Due to the water resistance functionality, this Bluetooth speaker will stay protected against occasional spills and splashes. It happens that you mistakenly splash water or some liquid on the speaker. Under such cases, it is needless to worry. At the offered price, the sound quality is fantastic; it may feel louder, but it is intended to deliver powerful sound output. If you own an average-sized room, then the audio output from this Anker speaker will fill the entire room. In the box, along with necessary accessories, you will also find the owner’s manual in different languages. It will streamline the setup process and remove confusion on how to use it.
- With the cutting-edge Bluetooth 4.2 technology, you will be able to listen to sound output up to 66 feet without any distortion.
- The built-in microphone easily facilitates hands-free calling.
- If there is the absence of Bluetooth, the aux port enables you to plug in and play.
- Implementation of the expensive bass up technology along with a patented spiral bass port makes sure the speaker boosts low-end frequencies. Therefore, to make the beats will hit harder.
- It is built in solid construction and comes with a small form factor.
- Its IPX5 water-resistant rating and the dustproof design suggest that you can use this speaker anywhere.
- The bass output will bring your music lifelike with the execution of the proprietary Anker BassUp technology. The deeper bass guarantees a broad, balanced audio range.
- It allows you to play music all day.
- On a single charge, it is possible to play up to 500 songs. The credit for the same goes to its excellent battery capacity. There will be fewer worries regarding charging. Within 3 to 4 hours, it can cost to full state.
- The speaker comes implemented with the latest power management technology from Anker.
JBL Flip 4:
The JBL Flip 4 is one of the cutting-edge Bluetooth speakers in the widely popular Flip series. The ideal blend of powerful stereo sound and fabulous portability is seen in this speaker from the prestigious brand. In its making, the manufacturer has used waterproof, durable fabric materials. These materials are accessible in 6 dynamic colors.
Whether you want to relish music listening experience at your home, on travel trips, during a picnic, etc., Flip 4 proves to be a perfect companion. It can resist the severe impacts of every weather condition, and it is also referred to as an all-purpose Bluetooth speaker. Being waterproof, there are no more worries regarding rains or spills; it is possible to submerge it in water without expecting any damage.
What makes this Flip series Bluetooth unique stand out from the crowd is it can wirelessly connect up to 2 tablets or smartphones concurrently. This functionality is useful, particularly while you are enjoying a party and wish to share the music with somebody. Once connected, it will deliver the impressive stereo sound output. Through a simple press of a button, you will be able to activate and talk to Siri or Google Now. The aspect on which this JBL speaker focuses excessively is the bass. You will be able to feel the bass, see it and also heat it. The presence of the dual external passive radiators showcases how efficient this speaker is.
Taking a look at the design and features, the JBL Flip 4 is prepared in the cylindrical design similar to its predecessors. Being made available in multiple colors, you can pick the one that suits your choice. With a single hand, it is easy to hold it, and it will not feel bulky. Almost the whole body is enclosed inside a mesh fabric (only the silicone strip and edges are not covered).
The dim LED lights present on the body would not seem excessively bright in the dark. The overall design is such that it can be used horizontally because there are passive radiators current on either end. From the design viewpoint, the presence of these radiators appears appealing. However, they are susceptible to damage due to tiny objects like keys, cards, pens, etc. in your bag. It would be better is the speaker came with some removable cover.
At the rear side, you will find a backlit power button and 5 LED dots to indicate the battery level. Furthermore, there is the availability of a backlit Connect+ button allowing you to link over 100 Flip 4 units simultaneously. Besides these buttons, you will find a rubber flap that defends a 3.5mm auxiliary connector and Micro-USB port. In this speaker unit, you will also find a loop with a lanyard. The lanyard allows you to easily hang the speaker in case if there are no flat surfaces to mount this speaker.
One drawback of the Flip 4 speaker is its mid-range is not distinct enough, and the vocals can be uncontrollable. But these drawbacks are not highly perceptible in the output. If you keep the volume level below 90%, it will undoubtedly deliver good bass. Overall, the excellent bass and powerful stereo sound make sure your investment is worthy. The rugged and compact design will let you use it on any occasion.
- The structure of JBL Flip 4 incorporates a built-in noise and echo-canceling speakerphone. This speakerphone makes sure the sound output for conference calls is crystal-clear.
- With the execution of the JBL Connect+ technology, this Flip series speaker can wirelessly link 100+ JBL Connect+ enabled speakers at the same time. The purpose behind the same is to intensify the listening experience.
- The built-in Li-ion 3000mAh rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of playtime. In 3.5 hours, this battery can be charged to a full state.
- The built-in speaker system comes with hands-free functionality.
- Due to the IPx7 waterproof feature, it makes sure there will be no damage due to the penetration of spills and rain.
- It comes with a signal-to-noise ratio of 80 dB.
- Names of the Bluetooth profiles supported are Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), Headset Profile (HSP), and Hands-Free Profile (HFP).
Comparison of Oontz Angle 3 Ultra vs Anker Soundcore 2 vs JBL Flip 4:
|Oontz Angle 3 Ultra||Anker Soundcore 2||JBL Flip 4|
|Product dimensions||6.4 x 2.8 x 2.8 inches||16.5 x 5.6 x 4.6 cm||2.8 x 6.9 x 2.7 inches|
|Weight||589 grams||358 grams||517 grams|
|Bluetooth Technology||Bluetooth 4.2||Bluetooth 4.2||Bluetooth 4.2|
|Bluetooth range||100 feet||66 feet||100 feet|
|Audio Wattage||14 Watts||12 Watts||16 Watts|
|Frequency response||70 Hz||70 -20000 Hz|
|Speaker Amplification type||Active||Active||Active|
|Controls||7-button control panel – Bluetooth/call button, play/pause button, two-track management buttons, 2 volume buttons, and the power button||5-button control panel with power on/off, play/pause, volume up, volume down||power on/off, and volume up/down|
|Battery||1 Lithium-ion batteries required. (included)||1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)||1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)|
|Battery Capacity||3000 mAh|
|4400 mAh||3000 mAh|
|Battery Playtime||20 hours||24 hours||12 hours|
|Charging time||Up to 7 hours||3.5-4 hours||3.5 hours|
|In the Box||Oontz Angle 3 Ultra speaker, 3 feet long AUX cable, 6 feet long USB to the micro USB charging cable, quick start guide, user manual, and a warranty card||Anker Soundcore 2 speaker, an Anker branded micro-USB charging cable and a well-written, multi-lingual, owner’s manual||JBL Flip 4, JBL Micro USB Cable, Safety Sheet, Quick Start Guide, and Warranty Card|
When deciding to go for a high-quality Bluetooth speaker, it is mandatory to take a look at each of these three speakers discussed above. The Oontz Angle 3 Ultra excels in terms of robust Bluetooth connectivity over a broad range and decent controls. The Anker Soundcore 2 is famous for delivering zero distortion in the output, higher playtime, and great battery life. The JBL Flip 4 outshines in terms of excellent bass effect in the production and superior waterproof functionality.